The Creative Team
Artistic / Musical Director
Well-known in the London area for her choirs. A memorable trait of all her choirs is precision and great diction.
- Director of The Broadway Singers September 2005 to June 2013
- Musical Director of The Wizard of Oz (Thistle Theatre Company, Fall 2012) & Winner of WODL Special Adjudicator's Award for Outstanding Musical Direction
- Other theatre credits: The Sound of Music, The King & I, The Shaping (Elgin Theatre Guild), Oliver! (Parkside Collegiate Institute), Amahl and the Night Visitors (Aylmer Community Theatre)
- Founder/Conductor of the St. Paul's United Church Teen Choir (B.R.A.T.T.S.) September 1999 to June 2007; Conductor/Producer of 2 CD Recordings, 2001 & 2005, the B.R.A.T.T.S.
- Conductor of East Elgin Children's Chorus, Aylmer, 1990-91
- Former elementary school music teacher in Elgin County (Sparta PS/Davenport PS) 1976-1988 - produced award winning bands & choirs (St. Thomas, London, and Toronto Music Festivals)
- Graduate of Don Wright Faculty of Music and Faculty of Education, U.W.O.
- Well known for dance instruction, theatre work, and choreography in Oxford County, She has a deep love and passion for the performance arts.
- Choreographer for The Wizard of Oz at Thistle Theatre Embro 2012 and Winner of the WODL special adjudicator's award for outstanding choreography.
- Other selected theatre choreography credits 2008-2014 include; A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum; Tillsonburg Otter Valley Playhouse, Nunsense and Nunsense II: the Second Coming; ITOPA Ingersoll, Oliver!; Thistle Theatre Embro, Annie; ITOPA Ingersoll, FAME; ITOPA Ingersoll, current choreographer for South Pacific; Theatre Woodstock.
- A dancer since a young age, Lara has trained in jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary, musical theatre, and ballet at many different studios and cities across Canada. An award winning performer, she went on to competitive coaching and instructing and choreographing at the age of 16. Syllabus expert in CDTA, BATD, ADAPT.
Carol is active as an educator and music director for theatre and choral music endeavours throughout southwestern Ontario. She is sought after as a vocal coach and collaborative artist in many genres. Adjudicating music festivals and directing church music occupy the rest of her time. She is thrilled to be contributing to the ‘Voices’ creative theatrical experience.
Our Founding Members
Front Row: Lisa Jones, Naomi Newell, Susan Craddock, Julie Wilson, Stephanie Goodall, Yolanda Postma, Julie Pietrangelo
Middle Row: Wendy McGregor, Pauline Richards, Lauren McLaughlin, Heather Brandt, Joseph Alfano
Back Row: Sarah Vernon-Scott, John Biehn, Kristin Vardon, Tom Verkley, Rick Craddock, Abe Kelledjian
Absent: Adriene Bartley, Randy Postma, Dan Manherz